Safety Critical Systems
Location and date
March 2024, Live virtual
The course is comprised of three parts, with the first part undertaken on our e-learning platform in your own time in advance of parts one and two.
Intensive learning in three parts
- Part one: Introduction to functional safety (delivered through the IET academy, approx 22-30 hours self-study) [PDF, 933KB]
- Part two: Management, design, assessment, and maintenance
- Part three: Software safety and cyber security
Delegates will receive a link to part one of the course upon registration. It is mandatory to complete part one before attending part two and three.
At a glance
Duration: two days
CPD hours: 14
Who should attend
- Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Electrical Design Engineer
- Electrical and Control Engineering Surveyor
- Loss Prevention Consultant
- RF and Microwave Systems Engineer
- Safety Consultant
- Senior System Engineer
- Specialist Inspector / Safety Assessor
- Nuclear Safety Engineer
- Lead Control and Instrumentation Engineer
- Senior Hardware Engineer.
Why should you come to the SCS course?
Part one: Academy E-learning course
Please note that all delegates will be sent the link to access part one: Introduction to functional safety after they register.
It is mandatory to finish the self-learning course through IET Academy before taking the online course with the trainers. you may find yourself using 22-30 hours for the self-learning course so please leave enough time for it.
“The online course material was excellent and I am glad I made time to finish all of it before the course started as it set the scene for terminology, methodology etc”.
"I have recommended the foundation course to a number of my colleagues as a grounding in SCS "
"I would say this material is crucial for anyone who is not already familiar with the IEC61508 standard."
“I found the course very useful, and it is already helping me in my role.”
We bring together the engineering and technology community and offer sponsors a highly engaged audience who are keen to do business, network and learn.
Whatever your aims, our solutions team will work with you to find events and promotional packages relevant to your business.